Tuesday, January 25, 2011

poem

Hey everyone I was bored yesterday so I wrote this poem. My class is reading Out of My Mind. I really liked the book so I wrote a poem about it. Out of My Mind is a reread for me. We also watched a video that was really cool. The poem is down below. I hope you like it.

out of my mind
a word may seem so ordinary
every step you take is as easy as breathing
each movement moves so easily
well, not for me
a word is a gift
a step can be so special
a movement can be so hard
i unlike other people have a boundary
i can only move if you move me
i have never said a word
each movement takes so much work
for what 
a stupid looking movement 
that looks like nothing
all my life all i see is pointing
staring laughing
you think i cant hear
but i can
i too have feelings 
don’t just focus on what i look like
get to know me
i’m normal girl
just like you

3 comments:

  1. What a great poem. I am so proud of your writing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ana! Your poem was amazing. It was a great book and I appreciate your beautiful response.

    I'm a friend of your mom's from Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this poem is amazing, and truly gets at the heart of both our read aloud and the video we watched yesterday. You touched my heart with this poem. Would it be ok to share it with our class tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete